It has really become obligatory to have some space of your own in the world of internet. No business can grow in isolation, which means that the need of partnership in business can not be neglected. Every business requires some customers who may help them to grow and expand. That is one of the reasons that websites are becoming more and more essential with every passing day.
Although, all sorts of websites are important, but when it comes to business sites, things get even more complicated. There are a lot of things which are to be considered in order to develop and design the best website that may successfully portray all of the business aspects of a company.
Here are 10 easy steps to create a great business website:
1. Your website should look professional, but doesn't need to be fancy. Don't waste your time creating websites with flash and numerous options. The main desire of customers is to find the information they need as quickly as possible, so keep your website clean and simple.
2. Your website should engage in a link strategy. What is a link strategy? A link strategy involves how you handle inbound links that come into your website and outbound links that go to other websites. You have to verify that you have a proper link strategy or you are shooting yourself in the foot. Why? If the inbound links don't have keywords in the links, then the Internet won't pick up the inbound link as valuable. The best inbound link you can have is one that comes for a website with a high page rank on Google.
3. Your website should also have a directory strategy. A directory has a real, live person that evaluates your website instead of a computerized system like Google. Directories tend to be in alphabetical order. Therefore, your website name should start with the letter "A" if possible. This trick only works in directories and not in search engines like Google.
4. You should also investigate pay-per-click (PPC) search engines. Create a pay-per-click advertisement. Pay-per-click advertisements yield targeted traffic to your website in just a few hours. Make sure that your advertisement is very specific. The reason that you want to tailor the type of people that click on your advertisement is because every time someone clicks on your advertisement, you have to pay a fee.
5. Your website should include creating modal pop-ups to advertise. Modal pop-ups are a special type of pop-up that are less likely to be blocked. Also don't forget to reel your customer back in with effective exit strategies. Exiting strategies include: finance options, a thank you page and a referral page.
6. Generate website traffic by adding targeted keywords into your site's articles, product titles, product descriptions and text links, which can increase your website traffic. These keywords can help readers find your site more easily in search engine results, which can keep a flow of traffic coming to your website.
7. Make your website mobile friendly. A website which does not support using phones means loss of huge potential traffic, sales, and reputation. Because many people today surf the net using their phones instead of using laptops or a PC computer, your website should be responsive.
8. Always include a contact form so customers can easily communicate with you. A contact form makes it easy for people to send a message no matter where they are or what kind of device they are using. Allowing your customers to contact you will make them feel that they are being acknowledged.
9. Add customer testimonials on your website. Get some quality testimonials first, rather than just publishing generic recommendations from your customers most especially if your business is new. Customer testimonials make your business more credible.
10. Drive traffic to your website through social media. Use different Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to promote your website. Use your online presence on these platforms to boost your website awareness and bring visitors back to your site.